1807 – Legislature enacts a bill to separate the town of Cambridge and incorporate the southerly parish as the town of Brighton.
1807, February 24 – The Town of Brighton is incorporated.
1807 – The ‘Industry’ Engine is organized in the town of Brighton.
Rules and Regulations in 1807
1818 – A lot of land was leased to erect an engine-house, two schools, and Town Hall.
1825, November 16 – A large fire took place at a soap and candle factory in Brighton belonging to Mr. Thomas Park. Newspaper story from the Columbian Sentinel.
1825, November 19 – Mr. Thomas Park expresses his thanks for the work done at the fire in his soap and candle factory in Brighton on November 16. Newspaper story from the Columbian Sentinel.
1833, March 11 – Selectmen accept the report of the committee who bought a new Engine. East school-room in the old Town Hall was altered to accomodate the new Engine and Hearse. Selectmen voted to dispose of the old Engine House.
1841 – Town voted to build an Engine-house, procure an Engine and build a reservior.
1841-1842 – Mr. G. Fuller built Engine House No. 2.
1846, November 4 – The Boston Atlas newspaper story of a bark mill fire in North Brighton Corner.
1849, June 25 – Boston Atlas newspaper story of a fire in a barn in Brighton.
1849, July 24 – Boston Atlas newspaper story of a fire and bowling alley fire at the famous Cattle Fair Hotel at Washington & Markets Sts., Brighton.
1850 – Two fire engines in the town: Brighton #1 located in the Town Hall. Charles River #2 located on Market Street. Fire Wards in the town were: J.M. Pierce; Daniel Baxter; Edmund Rice, Jr.; Nathaniel Jackson; Amos Towne.
1852 – Selectmen authorized to procure suitable fire-engines.
1852, August 6 – Boston Atlas newspaper story of a house fire at Foster & Mt. Vernon Sts.
1852, December 23 – The Boston Atlas newspaper story of a varnish factory fire in Brighton.
1852, December 28 – The Boston Atlas newspaper story of a fire in a wooden storehouse for lumber in Brighton.
1853, April 4 – Town Meeting voted to build an engine-house and appropriated $1000 for it.
1854, August 14 – Brighton Engines ‘Butcher Boy’ and ‘Charles River’ respond to a conflagration in Cambridge. Newspaper story of fire
1855, January 15 – Newspaper report of a schoolhouse fire in Brighton in 1855.
1855, May 8 – Boston Atlas newspaper story of a fire in a twine and cordage factory on Western Ave.
1864 – The Brighton Fire Department is organized, G. H. Peck, chief; Butcher Boy No. 1, George W. Warren, foreman; Charles River No. 2, Simeon Sanderson, foreman.
1869 – Christopher Tracy, chief engineer.
1870 – J.L.B. Pratt, J.G. Davis, G.H. Peck, engineers.
1871 – Report of the Chief Engineer of the Brighton Fire Department. J.L.B. Pratt, C.J. Crockett, M.A. Brown, Charles Currier, engineers.
1872 – Report of the Chief Engineer of the Brighton Fire Department.
1872 – A steam fire engine building was erected (at Brighton Center, on Chestnut Hill Avenue). The engine, land, and buildings cost $53,433.11. The steel bell weighed 1,535 pounds. The building was dedicated in 1873. The engine was named ‘F.A. Whitney’.
1874 – January 5, Town of Brighton annexed to the City of Boston.