1851, May 24 – The Town of West Roxbury (in Norfolk County) is incorporated. All the land area formerly belonged to the City of Roxbury. The town included the present-day sections of Jamaica Plain, Roslindale and West Roxbury.
1851 – Former Roxbury firehouses became West Roxbury’s property.
- Centre & Day Streets. (ex-Jamaica No. 3)
- Centre Street near Pond Street. (ex-Elliott No. 4)
- Spring Street (ex-Salamander No. 5), near Dedham town line.
1851, November 25 – A large barn fire occurred in West Roxbury.
1854, August 10 – Fire destroys the Brook Farm.
1858 – A listing of Fountain No. 1 of Jamaica Plain at a Fireman’s Muster in Worcester in 1858.
1873 – Almanac/Directory for the Town of West Roxbury.
1874 – January 5, The Town of West Roxbury (Norfolk County) is annexed to the City of Boston (Suffolk County). The following apparatus of the Town of West Roxbury was annexed to Boston.
1874 – January 30, Newspaper story on the status of the ‘Jamaica Plain’ fire district.