Boston Fire Headquarters opened on August 6, 1951 at 115 Southampton Street, near the intersection of Massachuetts Avenue in the Roxbury section of the city. The previous Headquarters had been at 60 Bristol Street in the South End, about one mile away. The formal dedication took place on August 20, 1951.
Features of the new Headquarters included much more office space, a new Fire Alarm Shop and a Maintenance Shop for fire apparatus.
The Fire Commissioner and the Chief of Department maintain offices here.
Other offices at Headquarters are:
Personnel, Public Information, Fire Prevention, Fire Investigation Unit, Special Projects, Training and Maintenance, Emergency Management, Supply, Information Technology, Repair Shop, Other support offices.