This house was first occupied as a firehouse on July 1, 1860 by Hose Company 9, which remained in service here until October 27, 1887. Hose 9 was disbanded and Chemical Engine Company 8 was organized on that date.
Chemical 8 was in service here until the company was disbanded on July 2, 1917.
The property was later sold. The building remains extant and is currently occupied by Altec Plastics, Inc.