The firehouse was opened on September 15, 1876 as the quarters of newly organized Chemical Engine Company 7.
The firehouse was located on Mt. Vernon Street, near the intersection of Westmount Av., in West Roxbury Village.
Chemical Engine 7 remained here until the company was disbanded on July 10, 1883. On that date, Engine Company 30 was organized. Engine 30 remained here until a new house was built at 1940 Centre Street. Engine 30 moved out on June 1, 1898 and the firehouse on Mt. Vernon St. was closed.
The building no longer extant, and no further information is available as to what became of the building.