This firehouse was built in 1874 and Chemical Engine Company 3 (Longwood) was organized here on July 27, 1874.
The firehouse is located at 352 Longwood Avenue, at the corner of Brookline Avenue, in the Fenway section of the city.
Engine Company 37 was organized here on September 16, 1890. On October 4, 1901, Chemical 3 was designated Combination Ladder 10. On April 21, 1905 Combination Ladder 10 was designated Ladder Company 26.
Engine 37 and Ladder 26 moved on October 11, 1933 to a new firehouse at 560 Huntington Avenue, about one mile away. The firehouse at 352 Longwood Avenue was closed.
In the 1980’s to 2000’s, the old firehouse was used as a florist shop.
The firehouse was demolished in the summer of 2008 in order to build medical research and office buildings.