This firehouse was opened on December 30, 1910 when Chemical Engine Company 11 (Dorchester) moved from temporary quarters several blocks away.
The firehouse was located at 120 Callender Street, at the corner of Lyford Street, in Dorchester.
On December 19, 1912, a motorized combination city service ladder truck and chemical truck was placed in service at this firehouse. It was designated Ladder 29 but no company was assigned. On January 23, 1913 Ladder Company 29 was organized.
On December 10, 1921 Chemical 11 was disbanded and Engine Company 52 was organized in its place.
The companies stayed here until June 27, 1973, when they moved to a new firehouse at 975 Blue Hill Avenue, about � mile away. The firehouse at 120 Callender Street was closed.
The building was demolished at a later date.