March 28, 1876 – Apparatus placed in service at the quarters of Engine 25 & Ladder 8 at Fort Hill Square , Downtown. It was assigned a new 1876 ‘Scott-Uda’ aerial ladder truck. No company of department members was assigned to the aerial ladder. A driver from Ladder 8, in the same firehouse, was assigned as needed.
1880 – Aerial ladder moved to 1171 Washington Streeet , South End, the former quarters of Engine 3. A permanent driver was assigned and the apparatus was given regular assignments.