This firehouse was built in 1873 and Engine Company 24 was organized here on December 10, 1873. The firehouse is located at 434 Warren Street, at the corner of Quincy Street, in the Roxbury section of the city.
Engine 24 remained here, except for the period from November 25, 1946 to March 27, 1947 when it was relocated to 36 Washington Street, Dorchester, while renovations were made to the firehouse.
Engine 24 moved from 434 Warren Street on August 17, 1973, four months shy of its 100th birthday and the firehouse was closed. Engine 24 moved to Ladder 23’s quarters at 36 Washington Street, Dorchester, where it remains today.
434 Warren Street remains extant and has been converted to use as the John D. O’Bryant Community Youth Center.