This firehouse was was the quarters of Hose Company 3 (West End) when the company was organized here on June 1, 1860.
The firehouse was located on Fruit Street, opposite Fruit Street Place, between North Grove Street and the present North Anderson Street. The location is just to the north of the present Parkman Street.
A Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH) building covers the site of the firehouse.
Hose 3 moved to a new firehouse on June 1, 1869 at 16 North Grove Street, about 100 yards away.
The number 10 within the red circle indicates that Box 10 within Fire Alarm District 2 was located at this firehouse.
No further information is available on the disposition of the firehouse after the Fire Department moved out. At a later time MGH constructed a building on the site.