Hose Company 8 (South End) was organized at this house that was built in April, 1854. Hose 8 replaced Hand Engine 12.
The firehouse was located on then-Warren, now-Warrenton Street, near Tremont Street. The address is believed to be 69 Warrenton Street.
Hose 8 stayed here until April 1, 1869 when the company moved to a new firehouse at 25 Church Street, several blocks away. The firehouse at approximately 69 Warrenton Street was closed and no further information is available.
The 1900 newspaper article below describes this firehouse in the second paragraph.