This was the location of the firehouse of Tiger Ladder Company 2 from 1849 until 1866. The firehouse was located at (approximately) #69 Paris Street, near the corner of Meridian Street. Tiger Ladder 2 moved to 260 Sumner Street on January 1, 1866.
The firehouse was located diagonally across the street from the quarters of Engine 9 at 60 Paris Street.
After 1866, the property was used for a court house. At a later date, a police station (District 7) was built on the site. The police station remains in service in 2013.