May 21, 1855 – The Washington Village section of the Town of Dorchester was annexed to the City of Boston on May 21, 1855 (M.G.L., Chapter 468, Acts of 1855).
June 28, 1861 – The Board of Aldermen ordered that a Hose Company be established at Washington Village for the protection of that community. Land was purchased on Dorchester Street for that purpose.
November 1, 1861 – On November 1, 1861, (Hand) Hose Company 10 was placed in service at a new firehouse at 330 Dorchester Street, at the corner of Jenkins Street. It was intended that this company would provide fire protection in the immediate area of Washington Village only. The Hose Company was comprised of one foreman, one steward and six call hosemen.
February 7, 1868 – Fire destroyed a block of wooden buildings at Woodward Street & Glover Court, South Boston. Box 128 was struck at 12:10PM, and a Second Alarm was struck at 1:10PM. The fire left 21 families homeless.
March 1, 1868 – The company was reorganized as (Horse) Hose Company 10. The company was assigned a new Amoskeag horse-drawn hose wagon. Modifications were made to the firehouse to accommodate a stable for one horse and sleeping quarters for the driver on the second floor.
March 20, 1868 – An invitation was written announcing the Dedication Supper of Hose Company 10 would be held on April 1, 1868.
June 2, 1868 – Hose Company 10 was named ‘Bradlee’ Hose Company 10. On June 10, 1874, the company was reorganized as a part-permanent company. The company consisted of one paid officer and one paid driver, with call men comprising the remainder of the company.
October 22, 1879 – Hose Company 10 sounded the alarm for a fire at 2 Boston Place, South Boston.
Boston Globe newspaper story from 10/23/1879.
1887 – Company members of Hose Company 10 in 1887:
1. Call-Captain Henry T. Bowers.
2. Driver Templeman C. Twiss.
3. Hoseman Charles E. Molloy.
4. Hoseman Lewis T. Lunt.
5. Hoseman Henry A. Peckham.
6. Hoseman James Doyle.
7. Hoseman Charles W. Sweetser.
8. Hoseman John A. Noonan.
July 5, 1889 – The company was changed from part-permanent to permanent status. All members of the company were paid and officially part of the Boston Fire Department.
May, 1893 – The company moved to a new firehouse built at 5 Boston Street, Andrew Square. The new firehouse was intended to house a new engine company, Engine 43. After Hose 10 left 330 Dorchester Street, the firehouse remained active in the Fire Department’s roster as a coal station, to supply the steam fire engines.
November 13, 1893 – COMPANY DISBANDED. Organized in its place was ENGINE COMPANY 43, located at 5 Boston Street, Andrew Square, South Boston.