Hose Company 12 was organized as a new company at this new firehouse on June 17, 1873. The house was located at 863 East 4th Street at the corner of O Street in the City Point section of South Boston.
Hose 12 moved out on May 10, 1882 to the firehouse at 715 East 4th Street, between K Street and L Street. On that same day, Engine Company 2 moved into 863 East 4th Street.
Engine 2 stayed here until May 3, 1932 when they moved to their present quarters at 700 East 4th Street, at the corner of K Street.
The building is now owned by the Michael J. Perkins American Legion Post #67 and remains extant.