This firehouse opened in 1857 with (Hand) Engine 13 being quartered here. (Hand) Engine 13 was replaced by (Horse) Hose Company 6 when the company was organized on September 1, 1860.
The firehouse was located at 391 Chelsea Street, in the Day Square area of East Boston. The major crossroads of Chelsea Street and Bennington Street created Day Square. The firehouse was located on the narrow point of property to the east of the intersection.
Hose 6 occupied this firehouse until May 18, 1891 when the company was disbanded and Chemical Engine Company 7 moved in from their former quarters at 761 Saratoga Street.
On September 21, 1902 Chemical 7 moved out of 391 Chelsea Street to a new firehouse at 360 Saratoga Street , several blocks away. The firehouse at 391 Chelsea Street was closed. The firehouse was demolished at a later date due to the widening of Bennington Street.